While volunteers are at the heart of the Families in Transition family, they are so very vital to OutFITters Thrift Stores. As 100% of the profits from the stores go directly into the FIT programs that help homeless individuals and families, keeping the store stocked and running smoothly is essential for the success of all our programs. We rely on many individuals and corporations who donate their time and efforts to help in our stores.
In NH, A volunteer hour is valued at $23.79.
In 2016, OutFITters had 18,964 volunteer hours!
These hours add up to a savings of $444,731 for Families in Transition.
This amount of money can provide safe housing for 21 families for an entire year.
Thank you all for your support!
Click here to download a flyer to share with family and friends, that includes information about volunteer opportunities.
Apply Now! Click here to submit an application.
Ways YOU can get involved:
- Help the OutFITters Thrift Store remain stocked and running smoothly!
- Help our team by accepting donations, sorting clothing, housewares, or furniture, pricing items, hanging clothing, moving product onto and around the retail space, changing mannequins, scheduling pickups and much more! Volunteers can choose their area of interest, whether they volunteer as a cashier, answer phones, accept donations in our receiving area, or greet customers as they come in. We encourage our volunteers to make their volunteer experience their own! Business, school, team, or church groups are more than welcome.
- Assist with picking up donations! You will be riding along and working closely with our team in our OutFITters box truck. Duties include helping with moving the donations and loading and unloading the truck. This is a great way to spend the day outside and get to know our staff and our supporters!
- Help book our truck for donation pick-ups! Answer our phone, return voicemails to donors, and help schedule our box truck to pick up donations in our community. This position is a huge part of keeping our stores successful. You are the voice of customer relations for OutFITters!
- Help greet donors at the dock to receive and unload donations that are dropped off. Volunteers needed from 9am-5pm on Mondays and Saturdays.
- Help clean and set up the store in the mornings! Shifts are available from 7am – 10am Monday – Saturday. This opportunity is available in our Manchester location.
- Do you have a group looking to do good?
- Volunteer as a team at our OutFITters Thrift Stores in Manchester and Concord! Work together to sort clothing, price items, stock shelves, and much more while having fun with your friends and coworkers!
- Host a collections drive! OutFITters is always in need of new clothing, housewares, media, furniture, and other items. All of the profits go to Families in Transition so by donating and encouraging others to do the same, you are helping to fight homelessness in our community! You can find more information here and a list of available dates here.
- For more information: Click here to download a flyer to share with friends or family members about volunteering at OutFITters.
- Volunteer at one of our Upcoming Events
- Lend a hand at this year’s Market Days festival in Concord, taking place June 23 through 25! Market Days is a three day festival with local food, music, art, and demonstrations and each year our OutFITters Thrift Store sets up a tent and sells inventory as part of the event. Volunteer help is needed each day with sorting inventory, keeping the tent stocked, running a register, etc. To sign up for a shift click here , or download a flyer to share with friends and coworkers by clicking here. You can also contact us at [email protected] to learn more!
Have a skill set you don’t see listed above that you want to share? Email us and let us know! We would love to hear from you.
For more information about volunteering opportunities, or if you have any questions, please contact our offices at 603.641.9441 ext. 357 or [email protected]
Are you natural leader?
Families in Transition and OutFITters Thrift Stores are dedicated to creating leaders in our volunteers, which is why we are seeking independent, self- starting individuals to join our volunteer team! Applicants will have the opportunity to act as leaders within the agency and grow important, resume-building skills. Whether it’s acting as a liaison to volunteer applicants, supporting current volunteers, or welcoming our volunteer groups, there are so many ways for dedicated volunteers to truly impact the agency! Apply online today!
Families in Transition has begun recruiting high school students in the greater Manchester and Concord area to enroll in our Youth Ambassador ’16 – ’17 school year session! To download a copy of the application, click here! Applications can be emailed to FIT staff at [email protected] or mailed to us at 122 Market Street, Manchester NH 03101.Applications for the school year session are due Wednesday, Oct. 19th. Please feel free to be in touch with any questions by calling (603) 641-9441 x357 or emailing [email protected]. And watch this video to get a sense of what the experience can do for you!
For more information about volunteer opportunities, or if you have any questions, please contact our offices at 603.641.9441 ext. 357 or [email protected].
Watch this video of OutFITters Retail Manager, Matt Teichman, OutFITters Retail Associates, Ruth Pratt and Matthew Slaske, and FIT President and Founder, Maureen Beauregard, as they talk about the importance of our volunteers!
Check out our profile on VolunteerMatch, which we update regularly with unique volunteer opportunities as well!