Thank you for your interest in volunteering at OutFITters Thrift Store! We’re glad you’ve browsed our Volunteer page and found a way you’d like to help.
At OutFITters, we want to ensure the best possible volunteer program. Because of the work we do and the population with which we work, we require that specific criteria be met by our volunteers. Please review this criteria carefully and note whether you meet each requirement before completing the application process. If you do not meet our requirements, we’ll be happy to refer you to a more appropriate volunteer placement.
Criminal Background Criteria
In order to be considered for a volunteer placement at OutFITters, you must have:
- No record of assault, violent criminal offenses and/or weapons charges
- No record of illegal drug charges of any type in the past 10 years
- No record of sexual related charges of any type
- No record of theft or robbery chargers
- No record of forgery or identity theft
- No record of criminal trespassing
All volunteers over the age of 18 must submit to a criminal background check.
Click here to read and review the most up to date version of the Families in Transition Volunteer Handbook
Click here to read and review the most up to date version of the Families in Transition Volunteer Code of Conduct
Incoming volunteer applicants will be asked to sign that they have read and understood the information laid out in both of these documents before beginning service with our organization.