Merchandise & Goods
Our thrift stores are a revenue stream for Families in Transition, with 100% of store profits directly used to provide housing and services to the homeless in Manchester and Concord, NH. We rely on the generosity of individuals and businesses who donate their new and gently used items as inventory to sell in our stores.
When donating items, please ask yourself, “Would I give this to a friend or family member?”
We gladly accept
- Clothing – infant, children, women, and men, both casual and upscale
- Furniture – functional and without stains, tears or unpleasant odor (we offer a pick-up service at homes in and around the Manchester and Concord areas – see below for details)
- Housewares – dishware, pots & pans, utensils, small appliances
- TVs – We accept Flat-screen TVs . *We do not accept CRT TVs
- Domestics – blankets, linens, curtains, etc.
- Instruments – we gladly accept all instruments. *Piano pickups cannot be scheduled due to liability, but we will gladly accept them as drop off donations
We cannot accept (due to cost and liability)
- Infant furniture, car seats, and strollers
- Stuffed animals and toys
- Sofa Beds
- Large appliances, console stereos, or TVs older than 7 years (no console TVs)
- VHS tapes
- Broken, stained, wet, torn, or foul-smelling donations of any kind
- Large desks and entertainment centers
Donation Drop-Off Hours
Manchester: Monday through Saturday – 11:00AM to 4:00PM
Concord: Monday through Saturday – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
To arrange a pick-up of furniture or to discuss types of large donations, please call (603) 641-6691 between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM. Please note, it may take a full business day to return calls. We typically book appointments for pick-ups two to three weeks out from the date of the call. Click here to see where we make pick-ups in the greater Manchester and Concord areas.